Friday, June 15, 2012

I'm back with new News!

Wow, how things change when you're not around! But, I've been busy, really :) I've been updating the web site and was really sad to realize I lost a lot of new pictures of baskets and gourds that were stored on an external hard drive. That will teach me not to back it up onto a DVD! In any event, there are some major changes that I thought I would share with you. First, I am no longer digitizing designs for sale to the embroidery community. There are so many designs out there, and lots of uninformed (or uncaring) people who are sharing designs wherever they can. I worked too hard (as many digitizers) on my designs to have them shared, so I've decided to stop selling my designs. I am hard at work on the PE-DESIGN NEXT / Palette 9 tutorial, which has taken longer than I originally anticipated. It's extremely comprehensive and thorough, which is more important than speed. So far, I've spent over 500 hours...and that's only the printable lessons. There will be dozens (and dozens) of audio-visual movies for each application, and digitizing lessons. I've also decided to limit the embroidered gifts and home decor items so that I can spend a lot more time on my gourd art and pine needle baskets and sculptures. I truly love this creative passion, that I've decided this is where I'll be putting all my efforts. I'm working on a new gourd, similar to one (but yet different) that was sold. It's one of the dozens of pictures that was lost. Below is the gourd in its early stages (along with me of course). I've also restarted a pine needle basket with a gorgeous agate center. Originally, I intended to coil something sculptural with this and an antler, but have decided to just let the basket take me where it wants to go. Hopefully, now that I've simplified my days (and weeks) with a leaner business, I can blog with you more often. Well, there's always hope :) Have a creative weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment